To Our Valued Customers,
Over the past several months, Allied has received price increase announcements as well as pricing guidance from our steel manufacturers. We have worked closely with those manufacturers as well as you, our customer, to keep you informed of the volatility in the market. Last week, the situation became what can only be described as a world stage event and most everyone is now familiar with the potential tariffs on imported steel and their downstream effect on manufactured steel pricing. This will affect many facets in the steel industry, far beyond manufacturing of steel studs. The White House has yet to finalize the tariff amount, but is expected to do so in the next few weeks according to Peter Navarro, the administrations Trade Advisor.
Industry Effects include but are not limited to:
• Future price increases due to shortage of supply (the most recent 10% for April 2nd)
• Strict guidelines in quoting and quote expiration policies
• Decreasing steel supply due to lack of imports
• Possible future controlled distribution (more decreased supply)
In order to navigate through this period of volatility, it is extremely important that our customers communicate with their Allied Sales Representative about projects they have secured and about projects that are in the bidding stage. In addition, it is important that our customers understand the policies that have been put into place by the steel manufacturers. The policies are effective immediately and are listed below:
• All quotes must be committed to Allied by the vendor commitment date listed on your quote.
• Expiration dates on quotes and purchase orders are firm. If a project runs over the expiration date, material shipped post expiration date will be subject to the listed escalator.
We recognize that you have choices when it comes to suppliers, and as a result, we greatly appreciate your support and loyalty. We will continue to strive to provide the very best products, the very best service and the most knowledgeable staff in the industry while maintaining consistent and competitive pricing.
We appreciate your continued support and thank you for your business.
Allied Interior Products